Forza Motorsport 5 and Twitch
If you’ve been keeping up with the latest gaming news you probably heard the exciting announcement that Twitch broadcasting is now available on Xbox One. Now you can share all of your gameplay experiences with the rest of the world. If you’re as pumped about this as we are then no doubt many of you are eager to get started and begin your own Forza Motorsport 5 Twitch streams. Using this handy guide, you will be up and running in no time at all.
There are a couple of things you’ll want to do to make sure you and your friends are ready to bring the best of both worlds together, so be sure to check out the step-by-step video below and how-to guide to make sure your Twitch broadcasting experience starts off without a hitch.
How to Prepare for Twitch Broadcasting
From your computer:
- If you don’t already have a Twitch account, go online to www.twitch.tv and sign up for a new account.
- Once you are signed in to the Twitch site, go to Settings (the wrench symbol), then Channel & Videos and check the tick box for“Archive Broadcasts.” This will ensure that Twitch streaming broadcasts you create will be saved after they are complete. If you do not wish to save these broadcasts, you can simply uncheck “Archive Broadcasts.”
On your console:
- Sign into your Xbox One console and download the Twitch app. If you already have the Twitch app, you will be asked to update the app.
- Once you have the updated Twitch app, you will need to connect your Twitch account to your Gamertag. To do so, simply choose to sign in on the Twitch app – which will bring up a code. Go to www.twitch.tv/activate and enter the code shown in your Twitch app.
- In your Profile, make sure your presence is set to “online.” If you’re appearing offline, you won’t be able to stream your gameplay.
- You can customize your picture-in-picture to broadcast both your gameplay and yourself through Kinect.
- In the Settings app under “Privacy and Online Safety,” make sure the option to “See if you’re online” is set to “Everyone” and “Broadcast gameplay” is set to “Allow.”
- Also in the Settings app under“ Privacy and Online Safety,” make sure the option to "Share content made using Kinect" is set to "Allow.”
- In the Settings app under “Preference,” check “Allow broadcasts and Game DVR Uploads”
- In the Settings app under "Kinect," check "Kinect on" and to include Kinect audio in your broadcast check "Use Kinect microphone for chat."
Pretty simple, right?
All of us here at the Turn 10 are extremely excited about the possibilities that Twitch broadcasting brings, especially with regards to how we interact with all of you in the Forza community. So make sure to follow our official Forza Motorsport Twitch channel, and keep a close eye on our Twitter/Facebook pages and the forums for details about our upcoming streams. You can also follow us individually if you like:
Brian – www.twitch.tv/mechberg
Fred – www.twitch.tv/phredesign
Javier – www.twitch.tv/AyoJube
Ian – www.twitch.tv/HeliosT10
John – www.twitch.tv/T10johniwanna
Robin – http://www.twitch.tv/lv_t10
Finally, if any of you are broadcasting Forza content on Twitch, then we want most definitely want to know about it. Please make sure to post about your upcoming streams in this thread on the forums. We’ll do our best to pop in and visit from time to time! Thanks for reading and happy streaming!