Forza Horizon 5 – An Update to the Community
We want to give you an update on the status of multiplayer issues in Forza Horizon 5. Since launch, we understand it’s been frustrating to play online, whether it’s with your friends or the wider community, due to numerous issues around matchmaking, connectivity and teaming up in Convoys. We hear you and we understand how you feel especially as socialization in Forza Horizon is an important aspect of the game.
Below are the multiplayer issues that we’ve heard are most prominently affecting you, and what we’re doing to either improve or fix them. We are listening to your feedback and reports, and our next update will be the first step in addressing these issues, with more fixes coming in the next few updates.
- Convoys – There’s nothing more disappointing than going on a road-trip with your friends and seeing them all disappear. We’ve experienced it and it never gets any less of a letdown. With that said, we are actively working on improvements around players erratically disappearing or not being pulled into Horizon Life servers with their Convoy.
- Horizon Arcade – These fun, collaborative minigames come to life when experienced with other players, however, we know not many of you have been able to experience them as intended. There is often a much lower than expected player count for Horizon Arcade events and we know that simply isn’t fun. Like Convoys, we’re aware of players disappearing when these events start. We are working on fixes and improvements to resolve both issues.
- The Eliminator – Regarding invisible players and players unable to challenge one another upon beeping their horn, we’ve seen your reports and have experienced both issues ourselves. We have identified some issues and are actively working on addressing them.
- Horizon Open – We’re aware of an issue that causes Convoy leaders to matchmake by themselves. In general, we are working on matchmaking improvements to Horizon Open to ensure you and your Convoy can seamlessly find other players together.
- Leaderboards – We’re aware of bugs that cause erroneous lap times to be posted on Rivals leaderboards and are working on a future update to prevent this from happening. We’re also aware of players using game speed modifiers to boost their scores for PR Stunts and are looking to prevent and remove these impossibly high scores. Cheating, game tampering, and the use of exploits to intentionally gain a competitive advantage ruins the experience for others. While we don’t believe cheating will ever go away entirely, we will continue to release improvements to our games systems to prevent this and take action on those who promote and enable disruptions to everyone’s game experience in this way.
- EventLab – We understand how frustrating it is to lose all your progress when building a new EventLab track, arena or game mode. Similarly, we know how difficult it is to craft the masterpieces many of you are known for in just one sitting. For a future game update, we’re working to introduce the ability to save and edit EventLab content post-creation. We’re also aware of XP/credit AFK farms and other types of exploitative events dominating the EventLab menus and we’re working on systems to improve curation so that these events are not surfaced.
While these are only some of the areas needing fixes in Forza Horizon 5 that we know about and are actively working on, we wanted to give visibility on these pressing issues so that you know that we hear you and improvements are on the way. Rest assured, your feedback is being heard as we work to improve the overall Forza Horizon 5 experience.
In the meantime, we’ll be sending all Forza Horizon 5 players 1,000 Forzathon Points alongside the next content update’s release to be used to acquire rare cars, horns, clothing and wheelspins from the Forzathon Shop.
Thanks to everyone for your patience and support. As soon as they have been verified, we’ll begin rolling out the fixes and improvements we’ve been working on so you can have a smoother time exploring Mexico. As always, we’ll let you know once updates are available via our Support Twitter at @forza_support and in-game messaging, and we’ll continue to listen to your feedback to make Forza Horizon 5 an even better experience for everyone.