Forza Motorsport 6 January Content Update
The new year has arrived and we’re excited to kick off 2016 with news of the latest content update for Forza Motorsport 6. Today’s CU, released alongside our most recent car pack, features a number of improvements to the Forza Motorsport 6 experience, which you can see listed below.
As you might notice, one of the fixes below addresses an issue involving multiplayer disconnects, something that has been a continued problem for some players in Forza 6. The below fix is aimed at addressing one particular issue (dealing with MP disconnects when a player engages with the UI during the session countdown). However, apart from this fix, we recognize that there are additional multiplayer disconnect issues in the game. We continue working hard to identify, investigate, and address these various issues.
If you are having multiplayer connection issues, you can help our ongoing effort to find solutions by reporting these issues, either on social media (Twitter or Facebook) or via the Forza Forums (specifically this thread in the FM6 Support sub-thread). As always, the more detail you can provide us in your post, the better (including your region, ISP, type of connection, modem/firmware, etc.) Thanks for helping us continue to track down these issues and, as always, thanks for being part of the Forza community.
Here are the highlights of this month’s content update:
· Addressed an issue related to angular velocity under specific conditions. This subtle change will be most noticeable for drifters and tuners who prefer to use a wheel.
· Private matches will no longer be subject to AFK restrictions that cause players to be booted due to inactivity, as in public multiplayer matches.
· Fixed an issue in multiplayer where engaging UI (such as holding the right trigger in Leagues to bring up the leaderboard screen) during the final countdown of a hopper would cause all users to be disconnected from the session.
· Fixed an issue where saving long replays (>26 minutes) would result in a saved replay with cars appearing to sit idly on the grid.
· Fixed an issue where pressing the right paddle on certain wheels to shift up would cause the camera to look back.
Today we also released the Ralph Lauren Polo Red Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 6. If you’d like to read more about the pack, check out the full story.
EDIT: After the release of today’s CU, we discovered an issue where a screen of Chinese text appears when booting up Forza Motorsport 6. This text appears for players across a variety of language settings. We are investigating the issue and are working to address it in an upcoming content update.