Forza Motorsport 5 Formula E Challenge
MICROSOFT FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 – FORMULA E CHALLENGE CONTEST
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft Forza Motorsport 5 – Formula E Challenge contest promotion will operate (“Contest”).
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation and Formula E Holdings, the Sponsors of this Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
Governing Law: This Contest is hosted in the United States, and entry information is collected on computers in the United States. This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest. If you do not agree with this provision and these Official Rules, please do not enter this Contest.
This is a skill-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to determine the fastest driver as determined by the Forza Motorsport 5 “Formula E Challenge” leaderboard scores.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Contest starts at 2:01 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) on August 12, 2014, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on August 26, 2014 (“Entry Period”). Please visit http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ or other world time database to determine local time.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
· You are an Xbox LIVE gold or free member in good standing and are 18 years of age or older (“Entrant”); and
· You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. (U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate).
· You are NOT an employee of Sponsors or an employee of a Sponsor’s subsidiary; and
· You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
· You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Sponsors employee, an employee of a Sponsors subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
This Contest is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
To enter the Contest you must be an Xbox Live free or Gold member in good standing and have access to an Xbox One console, access to the Xbox One game title “Forza Motorsport 5” and have the 2014 Renault Spark Formula E car DLC. Some content will require purchase to download.
Once you meet these system requirements, you will be entered into the Contest when you complete the following steps within the Entry Period:
1. From an Xbox One console, log in to Forza Motorsport 5 from your valid Xbox LIVE account
2. Choose “Rivals” from the menu
3. Click on the “Monthly Rivals” channel
4. Click on the “Formula E Challenge”
5. Complete a full lap in the game
6. Submit your time on the Challenge leaderboard
We reserve the right to reject any entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine was based on fraud, cheating or unsportsmanlike conduct. The decisions of the judges are final and binding in all matters related to the Challenge.
You may play the game as many times as necessary during the Entry Period to achieve your fastest time.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND PRIZES
At the close of the Entry Period the Entrant with the fastest time will potentially (pending confirmation of eligibility) be named the Grand Prize winner, the Entrants with the 2nd – 10th fastest times will be potentially named First Place Prize winners, and the remaining Entrants will potentially be named Third Place Prize winners.
The decisions of the judges are final and binding. If we do not receive a sufficient number of entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, select fewer winners than described above.
In the event of a tie between any eligible entries, the winner will be the Entrant that posted the tied score first. If we do not receive a sufficient number of entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, select fewer winners than the number of Contest Prizes described below.
One (1) Grand Prize. A package consisting of the following:
1) 2 x VIP passes for winner and a guest to attend* the Formula E championships in Berlin, Germany on 30th May, 2015 (“Event”) provided by Formula E Holdings. VIP passes include the following amenities :
· Entry to the “Emotion Club” Formula E’s exclusive hospitality area, giving the winners the opportunity to mingle with Drivers and Team owners
· Top class grandstand level viewing area
2) Five Million In-Game credits.
Nine (9) Second Prizes: Five Million Forza Motorsport 5 for Xbox One in-Game credits.
(unlimited) Third Prizes: 250,000 Forza Motorsport 5 for Xbox One in-Game credits.
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: $6,500
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the Gamertag, e-mail address, the phone number, or mailing address (if any) provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following completion of judging. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award to a runner-up.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select a runner-up.
* Prize consists of Event admission only; winner and guest are solely responsible for arranging any and all travel to attend Event. Winner and guest are subject to all Event rules, guidelines and restrictions. If the Event is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to provide tickets to an alternative Formula E racing event.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Contest, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
- Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
Limit one (1) prize per person.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING?
By entering this Contest you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Sponsors, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, or any prize won; and
· That Sponsors decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
· That, by accepting a prize, Sponsor may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Contest, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the names of winners who received a prize worth $25.00 or more online at www.forzamotorsport.net. This list will remain posted one month after April 18, 2014.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CONTEST?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
Formula E Holdings
FORMULA E HOLDINGS
London, W6 8DA