Forza Motorsport 6 Alpinestars Challenge
MICROSOFT FORZA MOTORSPORT 6 – ALPINESTARS CHALLENGE
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft Forza Horizon 2 - Alpinestars Challenge contest promotion will operate (“Contest”).
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsors of this Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
Governing Law: This Contest is hosted in the United States, and entry information is collected on computers in the United States. This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest. If you do not agree with this provision and these Official Rules, please do not enter this Contest.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Contest starts at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) on January 28, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on February 29, 2016 (“Entry Period”). Please visit http://www.worldtimeserver.com/or other world time database to determine local time.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
· You are an Xbox LIVE gold or free member in good standing and are 18 years of age or older (“Entrant”); and
· You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. (U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate).
· You are NOT an employee of Sponsors or an employee of a Sponsor’s subsidiary; and
· You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
· You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
This Contest is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, you must complete the following steps during the Contest Period:
1. Log into Xbox Live service via an Xbox One console
2. Play the “Forza Motorsport 6” game in Rivals Mode using the 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype vehicle (the “Designated Car”) from the Alpinestars Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 6 on Xbox One in the “Daytona Battle” Rivals event (the “Designated Track”) and attempt to achieve your fastest race time (the “Race”).
Entrants may not tune or modify the Designated Car in any way. You can race the Designated Track as often as you wish and your fastest Race from among all of your Races during the Contest Period will be determined as your Official Contest Time. The use of automated devices to enter this Contest is prohibited. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Sponsor and any promotion or other vendor agency involved in this Contest (and any other person engaged to work on this promotional program) and each of the above’s respective affiliates (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic, including any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND PRIZES
At the close of the Entry Period the Entrant with the fastest time will potentially (pending confirmation of eligibility) Grand Prize winner, the Entrants with the 2nd – 4th fastest times will potentially win a First Place Prize, Entrants with the 5th – 7th fastest times will potentially win a Second Place Prize and the Entrants with the 8th to 10th fastest times will potentially win a Third Place Prize.
The decisions of the judges are final and binding. If we do not receive a sufficient number of entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, select fewer winners than described above.
In the event of a tie between any eligible entries, the winner will be the Entrant that posted the tied score first. If we do not receive a sufficient number of entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, select fewer winners than the number of Contest Prizes described below.
· An Alpinestars branded Hat ARV $20.00
· An Alpinestars branded Gloves ARV $50.00
· An Alpinestars branded T-Shirt ARV $20.00
(3) First Place. A pair of Alpinestars branded Gloves ARV $50.00
(3) Second Place. An Alpinestars branded Hat ARV $20.00
(3) Third Place. An Alpinestars branded T-shirt ARV $20.00
Potential winners will be contacted using the contact information tied to the Xbox Live Gamertag used to earn an entry. Your Xbox Live Gamertag profile information, including e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number, must be complete, correct and current in order to be eligible for a prize. You can verify/update your profile information via your account profile by following the instructions on Xbox.com or through the Xbox Live Dashboard from your Xbox One console.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you within seven (7) days following completion of judging. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award to a runner-up.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the Xbox Live account used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select a runner-up.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:
· You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
· You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up; and
· If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
· If you are otherwise eligible for this Contest, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
· Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
Limit one (1) prize per person.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING?
By entering this Contest you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Sponsors, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, or any prize won; and
· That Sponsors decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
· That, by accepting a prize, Sponsor may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Contest, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the names of winners who received a prize worth $25.00 or more online at www.forzamotorsport.net. This list will remain posted one month after February 29, 2016.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CONTEST?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052