Rivals Mode Update
A new batch of cars to download also means a new set of Rivals Mode events to try out in the Community Monthly channel. Here’s a brief rundown of next week's new Rivals Mode events to whet your appetite:
• Coming To America -- After many impressive finishes in 2011, the Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3 has come to America to take on the legendary elevation changes and sharp turns of Road America. Each week, one hundred randomly selected players taking part in the Coming To America Rivals event will win a 2002 BMW M3-GTR, a “unicorn car” available only from Turn 10. The April Alpinestars Pack will be required to participate in this event.
• Drive Like It's 1999 -- The 1990s brought the world many wonderful things such as the love of flannel, slow running lifeguards, and the panic that was Y2K. Most of all it brought us some amazing cars. Take to the Top Gear drag strip in a selection of these fine automobiles to see which car comes out as the best of the '90s. Tuning setups are allowed within restrictions.
• Rotary di Positano -- Felix Wankel developed the Wankel engine in the 1950s and Mazda refined the engine in the RX series of automobiles. Put those rotary engines to the test as you drift around the scenic backdrops of the Amalfi Coast. Tuning setups are allowed within restrictions.
• Cone Killer Mugello -- Taming the power of these supercars will be important as you weave through the cones in this Autocross challenge on Mugello. Precision driving will be your key to victory in this event. Tuning setups are allowed within restrictions.
• Forza Tourenwagen -- Get ready for the German touring cars when they roar back
into action later this month by hitting the track at Hockenheim in your own touring
car. Push the limits as you chase down your rival in a field full of
high-performance German race cars.
• Suzuka Sportbacks -- European hatchbacks take to one of the most famous tracks in Japan to see which one will dominate on the island nation’s historic speedway. Tuning setups are allowed within restrictions.
Last Chance to Beat JPM!
A new set of Rivals Mode events means that this month’s King of the Track is also coming to an end so this weekend will be your last chance to take on NASCAR star Juan Pablo Montoya as the March King of the Track. If you haven’t had a chance to take on JPM on the Indy GP track while driving the formidable Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, now’s your chance. There’s free Forza cars in it for those who try the event, those who beat Montoya’s time, and a grand prize for the top overall winner. So get in while the getting’s good!
Our Community Bounty for this week is greenPandaMeow and he’s been killing it this week with a great thread for his week in the Bounty spotlight, including offering a gorgeous custom-liveried car to those who beat him. Panda’s challenge is taking place in the Sachs Kurve Drift Rivals Mode event and he’s got some really fun challenges going in his thread, everything from giving an official name to his event to exactly matching his drift score. Panda will be the bounty until April 3, so check out the thread now for all the action.
Community photo contest winner first place shotgunsteve93
It’s Good to be VIP
Our April VIP Rivals Mode Event is pretty much wrapped up—based on previous poll results, Forza 4 VIPs be racing a Class S Nissan on Laguna Seca. What hasn’t been resolved yet is the prize that we’ll be sending out for everyone who takes part. That’s what today’s final April poll is all about, so head on over to our official Facebook page, get your vote in this week’s poll, and get ready to take part in next the April VIP Rivals Mode event when it arrives next week.
Speaking of VIP polls, this week we held another VIP Car Battle, between the 2010 Jaguar #33 RSR XKR GT, the 2010 BMW #79 Jeff Koons BMW M3 GT2 Art Car, and the 2010 Ferrari #89 Hankook Team Farnbacher F430GT. The Ferrari took home top prize in the poll and, as a result, that car will be sent out to VIPs as of Friday.
DLC Sale Continues!
There’s still time to get in on the Forza Motorsport 4 DLC sale that’s been happening this week. Four packs are on sale this week as part of Xbox LIVE’s “It’s All About Speed” Deal of the Week:
American Muscle Car Pack – 320 Microsoft Points (43% off)
November Speed Pack – 400 Microsoft Points (29% off)
December IGN Pack – 320 Microsoft Points (43% off)
January Jalopnik Pack – 400 Microsoft Points (29% off)
So if you’re looking to check out the back catalog of Forza 4 DLC, you’ve got until Monday, April 2 to do so!
Community photo contest second place goes to ceelai
A few cool videos for you guys to check out before we head out for the weekend. First up, a side-by-side comparison piece featuring the Lamborghini Aventador on Hockenheim both in real life and in Forza 4:
Next up, we’ve got the first episode of RedLine Reviews, a new series of car reviews based in Forza Motorsport 4 and produced by some very talented members of the Forza community. Written by Aztech318, narrated by The Shadow Edge, and edited by xam3l, this piece is a must-see for fans of Forza 4, cars, and, well, things that are simply awesome.
Check it out:
Can’t wait to see more of these! Great work guys!
Finally, Seattle will host the annual Emerald City Comicon this weekend and, being an avowed comic nerd, I’ll be hanging out at the Con on Saturday. If you’re planning on being at Comicon as well, keep your eyes peeled for me; I’m coming armed with April Alpinestars Car Pack codes. Find me (I’ll be the guy wearing the Forza Motorsport 4 gear) and I’ll give you a code, no questions asked! Well, okay there might be a few questions, but they’ll be the friendly type! Hope to see you there!
Have a great weekend everyone!