Forza Motorsport 4: Week in Review 12/2
Welcome to December! We’re getting close to winding down the year at Turn 10 (our final Week in Review of 2011 will be posted on December 23), but the business of Forza 4 continues apace. After all, we’ve got more great DLC coming your way in January and beyond! And speaking of DLC, our latest add-on pack--the December IGN Pack--was announced this week with our friends at IGN. Available on Xbox LIVE on Tuesday, Dec. 6, this pack includes as eclectic a lineup of cars as you’ll find in any Forza add-on pack—from purpose-built hill climbing beasts like the 2011 Suzuki #1 Monster Sport SX4 Hill Climb Special, to fan-favorites like the 2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor, the 1977 Ford Escort RS1800 and the 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT. In fact, it seems that, judging by the strong response on Twitter and Facebook, the Fiero lovers are out in full force.
So, which car are you most looking forward to driving in the December IGN Pack? Head on over to our Facebook page and check out our most recent DLC poll. As of this writing, the Raptor and the Suzuki are mostly neck-and-neck in terms of popularity, with the ’77 Escort and the Fiero battling it out for third place.
In addition to the launch of next week’s DLC pack, we’ll also have a brand new batch of Community Monthly Rivals Mode events for you to check out. Here’s a quick breakdown of the new events:
- Climbing Kaido -- 2011 Monster Sport Suzuki SX4 – Fujimi Kaido New Hill Climb -- The ultimate hill climb car meets the ultimate hill in Forza 4, as you tackle Fujimi Kaido in the 2011 Monster Sport Suzuki SX4. Will you be able to overcome both the track and your rival? Each week, 100 randomly chosen players from this leaderboard will receive a 2002 BMW M3-GTR, a "unicorn car" only available from Turn 10. The December IGN Pack is required to participate in this event.
- The Lone Driver -- C-Class Autocross – Sunset Peninsula -- Anyone can have a great car but, in Autocross, you also need to have the driving skill to match. Weave your way through the cones with a mixture of raw aggression and careful precision to prove that you have the skills to take down your rival.
- The Shortest Mile -- R3 Supercars -- Top Gear Mile Drag -- Why live your life a quarter mile at a time when a mile is longer? Take to the famed British airfield in your favorite tuned supercar to defeat your rival in this drag racing challenge.
- One Lap Thriller -- 80s Production -- PI Max of 275 – Sebring Club -- It’s the 1980s all over again, as you hit the track in ‘80s production cars for your one-lap chance to take down your rival. Tuning setups are allowed within restrictions.
- ‘50s Roadster Champion -- 1958 or older Euro Roadster -- PI Max of 500 – Infineon NASCAR -- In their day, these legendary cars were the kings of motorsports. Here’s your chance to recreate that feeling as you navigate through heavy traffic featuring other iconic ‘50s roadsters. Tuning setups are allowed within restrictions.
This weeks Photo Contest Gold Winner "III BananaHD"
Title Update News
If you fired up your copy of Forza 4 today, you probably noticed that our second title update for the game is now live. This TU has been in the works for several weeks now and, if you’re looking for an overview of some of the biggest changes in the TU, check out the fifth edition of our ongoing “Forza Motorsport 4: Under the Hood” interview series with creative director Dan Greenawalt. The interview goes into detail on issues such as the 900-degree wheel fixes, economy stabilization, leaderboard cars, and more. Check it out!
VIP Car Battles Are Back!
This week, we posted our first Forza 4 VIP Car Battle on our official Facebook page: a pitched war between the 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C and the Ford GT40 MKII. In the end, your votes chose the 65 Shelby and we’ll be sending out the winning car to all Forza 4 VIPs very soon.. Look for more Car Battles and information on upcoming VIP cars coming soon.
Forum Photo Contest
There’s still time left to enter our FM.net forum-only Big Shot Photo contest! The theme for this contest is anything and everything Ferrari. The track/homespace is up to you; we are just looking for your best shot featuring any Ferrari in the Forza 4 collection. This contest will end on December 7 and the winner will receive a Ferrari cap signed by Formula One stars Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa! Check out this thread for the full rules and to enter your best photo!
This weeks Photo Contest Silver Winner "DSC Ardelam"
Wrapping Up Hyundai Secret Car Contest
Last Sunday saw the end of our Hyundai THR Secret Car design contest. This week, Jav, Fred and I had the difficult task of sifting through the tons of entries to pick our finalists—the work from the painters in the Forza community was truly impressive (as we knew it would be!) In the coming days, you’ll see the five finalists on Xbox LIVE and be able to vote for your favorite; we’ll also share them here on FM.net to give you a look at who will be vying to win a brand new 2012 Hyundai Veloster. Stay tuned!
Time’s running out to find a Bose store near you and celebrate the launch of Forza Motorsport 4! Hurry in to demo the game, enter for a chance to win cool prizes and get a free 1-month Xbox LIVE Gold membership! Then, head over to the Bose/Forza giveaway tab on our official Facebook page, enter your Gamertag and you’ll be eligible to receive a free Bose-themed Nissan 370Z. The car will be sent out during the week of 12/26/11 and, in order to receive a car, you must sign into Forza 4 with an active Xbox LIVE Gold membership prior to 12/24/11.
Bing Rewards With Forza 4
This week, the folks over at Bing have put the pedal to the metal and are offering a Forza sweepstakes that’ll blow your mind. Just by signing up for Bing Rewards, you’ll be automatically entered to win the Pole Position Prize Pack. Buckle up… here’s what’s included:
• Xbox 360 and Kinect
• Forza Motorsport 4
• Forza Motorsport Season Pass
• Special Edition Forza Motorsport 4 gaming chair from Playseat America
Not familiar with Bing Rewards? Here’s how it works: Sign up and earn credits when you search with Bing. Redeem credits for Microsoft Points, Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions, sweepstakes entries and more. If you’re already a Rewards member, don’t worry. You can redeem for entries to the Pole Position Prize Pack sweepstakes for just 40 credits, or 10 entries for 50 credits. Turbocharge your Forza gaming experience with this set up, and don’t delay – the sweepstakes is over January 11, 2012. Sign up for Bing Rewards today.
This weeks Photo Contest Bronze Winner "iMonster Topo"
VGA Vote Reminder
Before we wrap up this week, I’ve got a quick reminder to vote for Forza Motorsport 4 in the upcoming 2011 Video Game Awards. The VGAs will be broadcast on SPIKE TV on Saturday, Dec. 10 and Forza 4 is nominated for two awards: Best Xbox 360 Game and Best Driving Game. Thanks in advance for your support and here’s hoping we’ll have further reason to celebrate as the video game awards season continues!
That’s about it for this week. This weekend, we’ll be giving out a number of early access download codes to the December IGN Pack. If you want a chance to win a code, make sure you follow us on Twitter and on Facebook … you never know when a chance to win a free download will pop up!