Forza Motorsport 4: Week in Review 11/4
We’ve got a quick and dirty Week in Review for you this week, one that starts off with a question: How do you like that Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4? The Italian supercar is just one of the incredible new cars found in our November Speed Pack which was released earlier this week. Having spent a good chunk of the week testing our new Rivals Mode events, I’ve been loving the Aventador and all its roaring glory. Still, there’s more to the pack than Italian muscle. Consider the 1992 GMC Truck Typhoon (which should be a hit on the car soccer fields, at least on defense) and the 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air, a car that’s as photogenic as they come.
Speaking of photogenic Bel Airs, check out this photo I snapped of a 1950s Bel Air at a local restaurant over the weekend:
Having spent some time in the Bel Air this week in Forza 4, it was very cool (and very coincidental) to see it in real life. I was hoping to catch up with the owner and tell him about the Bel Air in Forza 4 but, alas, it didn’t happen.
So, what’s your favorite car in the November Speed Pack? From the looks of things on our recent Facebook poll the Aventador is comfortably in first place, with the Bel Air pulling in second and the 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 taking third place. Let us know your favorite in the poll or in the forums.
Photo by Ra11y Vincent
Rivals Mode Events
In addition to the new DLC pack, we also set live our latest crop of Community Monthly Rivals Mode events. To see them, all you need to do is go to the Community section of Forza 4, scroll down to Rivals and then select the Community Monthly channel. To reiterate last week’s post, here’s the new Rivals mode events:
- Conquering The Bull – Battle your rival at the limits of speed in the brand new 2012 Lamborghini Aventador. Each week 100 randomly chosen players from this leaderboard will receive a 2002 BMW M3-GTR, a “unicorn car” only available from Turn 10. The November Speed Pack is required to participate in this event.
- Motegi Track Day – The two-fold challenge of Track Day events is to defeat your rival while weaving your way through heavy traffic. Master the traffic on Twin Ring Motegi while trying to take down your rival’s time in A-Class Japanese cars. Upgrades and tuning are allowed.
- European Sedan Quarter Mile – Step up to the line on Hockenheim Ring’s quarter-mile drag strip in your best European sedan to take down your rival. This event is open to any European sedans under 500 HP. Upgrades and tuning are allowed.
- The Sliding Pony – Drift past your rival’s score in your favorite Ford Mustang at the Benchmark Test Track. Tuning setups are allowed within restrictions. Installation of the Launch Track Pack is required to participate in this event.
- Barcelona Battle – Since 1991, Circuit de Catalunya has produced many memorable moments in motorsports. Here’s your chance to create one more in the R3 race car of your choice as you try to take down your rival’s lap time.
- Championnat de France -- Qualifications for the French Forza 4 Official Championship. This one-week event is only for French-spoken community at www.forzamotorsport.fr.
Photo Contest Results
Our weekly photo contest has ended and the winners are posted on our Community page as well as seen here in the Week in Review. This week’s contest was “Indy Spirit”, challenging photographers to take their best photo on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. We had a tremendous response—including retro shots, stock car madness, and a ton of photos featuring Indy’s famous landmarks like the Pagoda, the scoring tower and, of course, the row of bricks. Once again, the winners are astounding, so congrats to them.
This week’s photo contest we’re opening it up to whatever you like; there’s no theme so take whatever car/track combo you want and let us see your hottest stuff. As always you can post your photos to our official Facebook page. If you’re unfamiliar with the process, check out this handy tutorial. We’re looking forward to seeing your photos!
Photo by Coesteri
Community Calendar Reminder
We’re looking for your community events to feature on the FM.net community calendar. If you’ve got an event you want the Forza community to know about, post about it in this forum thread. We’ll choose our favorite events from the thread and feature them in the community calendar. If we choose your event to be featured, you’ll receive a unicorn car as a thank you.
Photo by SycoTropic
The Speciality Equipment Market Association show (better known as SEMA) has kicked off and a group of Turn 10 folks were on-hand to check out all of the automotive action. Forza Motorsport 4 featured prominently at the show, including in the Pirelli and Hyundai booths. For a flavor of this year's show, check out this collection of shots from the show floor:
New Sponsored Contest Next Week
Forza Motorsport 4 fans in the U.S. should be on the lookout for a new contest coming up as early as next week. We’re still putting the final touches on the details for this one but here’s a hint: painters/designers, you will want to have your skills honed to a razor sharp edge here because the prize for this contest is un-friggin’-real. If the planets align we’ll have all the details next week (possibly as early as Monday), so stay tuned!
And on that bombshell, I’ll say have a great weekend and see you next week!