Hyundai THR Secret Car Design Contest
Starting today, you can put your design skills to the test in a special contest for Forza Motorsport 4 players. The Hyundai THR Secret Car Design Contest challenges Forza 4 players to design the ultimate Hyundai race livery using the flexible and easy-to-use livery editor tool built into Forza Motorsport 4. The contest begins today and will run until November 27 and the overall winner will win a 2012 Hyundai Veloster!
Here’s how the contest works:
- To register, you must download the registration gamer pic. To do so, please visit the Hyundai Design Contest destination on Xbox LIVE or register on Xbox.com. NOTE: This contest is open to U.S. residents and Xbox LIVE Gold members only.
- Once you are registered, fire up Forza Motorsport 4, purchase a Hyundai Genesis Coupe, and design your car livery using the in-game livery editor tool.
- Once you have completed your design you will need to upload it to the Forza Motorsport 4 storefront. For detailed instructions on how to upload your car to the storefront, see below.
- The Turn 10 community team will monitor all submissions and choose five finalists.
- The five finalists will be posted to Xbox LIVE and voted on by LIVE users throughout December, with the overall winner receiving a 2012 Hyundai Veloster. The four runners up will receive a new 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect.
The Turn 10 Community Team is limiting the design entries to three per player and will be judging entries on a variety of criteria, including technical proficiency, aesthetic design, originality, and brand promotion.
A few things to keep in mind when creating your entry for the Hyundai Secret Car Design Contest:
- You must create your design on a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. You will need to purchase the car for your personal garage in order to paint it.
- You must use the official Hyundai logo vinyl as part of your car design. To access the vinyl, follow these steps:
a. Make sure you have selected the Hyundai Genesis Coupe
b. Go to the “Paint” menu
c. Select “Apply Decals”
d. Choose the location you would like to place the logo, and press the A button.
e. Select “Apply a Manufacturer Decal.”
f. The Hyundai logo is the first choice available.
- No other manufacturer logos should be used on the car, apart from Forza Motorsport or Turn 10 logos. This includes any other logos found in the aforementioned “Apply a Manufacturer Decal” screen
- All other design work should be done with the standard shapes found in the layer design tool.
- Once you have completed your design, you should save it to your Forza Motorsport 4 storefront. To do so, follow these steps:
a. Once your design is complete, hit the “Start” button to save.
b. Choose “Save to Design Catalog”
c. Name your file.
d. When the prompt appears, “Would you like to share this with others by uploading it to the Forza 4 Storefront?”, press A.
e. In the “Upload Design” menu, fill out the fields as you like. In the Add Description field, you MUST enter “THR Secret Car”. This tags your entry and allows us to find it in the storefront. If you do not tag your car, chances are the Turn 10 Community Team won’t be able to find your entry.
Good luck to all entrants!
OFFICIAL RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
XBOX LIVE AND THR “SECRET CAR” DESIGN Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By entering the Xbox LIVE and THR “Secret Car” Design Contest (“Contest”) you (or, if a minor in your place of residence, your parent or legal guardian on your behalf) agree to abide by all terms and conditions referenced in these Official Rules.
ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, who have an Xbox LIVE Gold membership, and who have access to an Xbox 360® gaming console as of 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on November 7, 2011. Employees of Microsoft Corporation (“Microsoft” or Sponsor”), Hyundai Motor America (“Hyundai”), Turn 10 Studios, GMR Marketing LLC (“GMR”), and any promotion or other vendor agency involved in this Contest (and any other person engaged to work on this promotional program) and each of the above’s respective affiliates (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the household and immediate family members (defined for the purposes of this Contest as a parent, spouse, child, and sibling) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
TIMING: This Contest begins at 2:01 p.m. PT on November 8, 2011, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on November 27, 2011 (“Contest Period”).
HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, you must register for the Contest and submit an entry into the Contest as follows:
- Register: To register, you must download the free Team Hyundai Racing “Secret Car” Registration Gamer Picture (“Gamer Picture”). There are two (2) ways to download the Gamer Picture: (1) by accessing the Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web using a PC or (2) by accessing the Xbox LIVE Marketplace using an Xbox 360® console.
- To download the Gamer Picture via Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web using a PC, you will automatically register for the Contest when you navigate to http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Team-Hyundia-Racing-Secret-Car-Design-Contest-Registration-Gamerpic/b1278d38-4bc6-49ef-8774-cde4cf40c8b1 and download the Gamer Picture during the Contest Period as instructed.
- To download the Gamer Picture via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace using an Xbox 360® console, you must have access to an Xbox 360® console. You will automatically register for the Sweepstakes when you sign in to the Xbox LIVE service via an Xbox 360® console with your Xbox LIVE Gamertag, navigate to the Hyundai landing page or the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, and download the Gamer Picture during the Contest Period as instructed.
NOTE: Users may also access the free Gamer Picture via the banner ads running on the Xbox LIVE Dashboard.
- Updating Account Information: Potential winners will be contacted using the contact information tied to the Xbox LIVE Gamertag used to earn an entry. Please be sure that your Xbox LIVE Gamertag profile information, including e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number, is correct and current. You can verify/update your profile information via your account profile by following the instructions on Xbox.com or through the Xbox LIVE Dashboard from your Xbox 360® console.
- Submit an Entry: Provided you have registered for this Contest as described above, to submit an entry, you must sign in to the Xbox LIVE service via an Xbox 360® console, log into the “Forza Motorsport 4” game (the “Game”), design a livery (the “Design”) for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe using the assets available in the Game, save your Design with the name “THR Secret Car,” and upload it to the “Forza Motorsport 4” Storefront in the Game during the Contest Period. Your Design will automatically appear in the “Forza Motorsport 4” Storefront. Your Design and all entry information you submit shall be referred to collectively as your “Submission.” Limit three (3) Submissions per person. If you submit more than three (3) entries, only the first three (3) Submissions submitted during the Contest Period will be judged for this Contest. No mechanically reproduced entries, alterations, facsimiles, or forged entries. The use of automated devices to enter this Contest is prohibited. Microsoft assumes no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become Microsoft’s property and will not be returned. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Criteria for Entries: Each Submission must include at least one (1) Hyundai logo. Other than Microsoft and Hyundai logo and artwork included in the “Forza Motorsport 4” game, which you are granted a limited license to use for the sole purpose of submitting an entry in this Sweepstakes, a Submission must be the entrant’s original creation and must not include copyrighted, trademarked, or previously published material, including brand names/logos. Any Submission that includes a name/logo other than Microsoft’s or Hyundai’s will be disqualified. Entries requiring license or usage rights from any other third party are not eligible. Submission cannot defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party’s personal, proprietary, or intellectual rights. Submission must be consistent with Microsoft brand’s reputation in the marketplace and must be suitable for audiences of all ages.
- A Submission may be disqualified (in the judges’ sole discretion) (a) if it is not consistent with the Microsoft brand’s reputation in the marketplace, including its reputation for quality and integrity, (b) if it does not reflect the goals of the Contest, (c) if the language or imagery of the entry is not suitable for all ages, (d) or if the entry is so deficient in content or execution as to be unclear or inappropriate.
- Representations and Warranties: By entering, you warrant and represent: (a) you are the sole and exclusive owner of your Submission; (b) the Submission is your own creation and is 100% original; and (c) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties.
FINALIST JUDGING CRITERIA AND SELECTION: This is not a game of chance. The Judging Panel will select up to five (5) potential finalists (“Finalists”) on or about December 2, 2011. Limit one (1) Finalist designation per entrant. The Judging Panel will consist of marketing representatives from Microsoft, Hyundai, and/or Turn 10 Studios. All Submissions will be evaluated according to the following criteria (“Criteria”) on a 100 point scale, with maximum points in each category as follows: a maximum of twenty-five (25) points for originality of the Submission; a maximum of twenty-five (25) points for aesthetic design; a maximum of twenty-five (25) points for technical proficiency; a maximum of twenty-five (25) points for Hyundai brand promotion effectiveness. The selected Finalist Submissions will be posted for online voting. In the event of ties in point totals among potential Finalists, the Submission with the highest technical proficiency score will be selected as a potential Finalist. If fewer than five (5) Submissions are received or did not meet the criteria established in the Official Rules, the judges reserve the right to select fewer than five (5) Finalists. Potential Finalists will be notified on or about December 2, 2011 by e-mail/phone/express mail to the e-mail addresses/phone numbers/addresses associated with the potential Finalists’ Xbox LIVE account profiles. Potential Finalists will be required to complete an Assignment of Rights, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release, and all appropriate tax documents (the “Documents”) within three (3) calendar days of notification or the Sponsor may declare the Finalist designation forfeited and another potential Finalist winner may be chosen based on the criteria described, time permitting. Proof or verification of identity and eligibility may be required. Failure to comply may result in disqualification and selection of another potential Finalist. If any Finalist is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the Documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian.
5) ONLINE VOTING AND WINNER
Up to five (5) confirmed Finalists will be posted online on and the Hyundai landing page (the “Page”) on Xbox LIVE from 12:01 a.m. PT on December 10, 2011 through 11:59 p.m. PT on December
20, 2011 (the “Voting Period”) for the public voting phase of the Contest. To vote, a voter must have access to an Xbox 360® console and be an Xbox LIVE Gold or free member in good standing. Once you have verified that you meet these system requirements, you must navigate to the Page on Xbox LIVE and click the designated area for the entry that you like best during the Voting Period as instructed. Limit one (1) vote per person. (the “Voting Period”) for the public voting phase of the Contest. To vote, a voter must have access to an Xbox 360 console and be an Xbox LIVE Gold or free member in good standing. Once you have verified that you meet these system Limit one (1) vote per person
The Finalist with the most votes will be determined as the Grand Prize winner, subject to verification and validation. The remaining four (4) Finalists will be determined as the Runners Up. In the event of a tie in voting, the Finalist Submission with the highest technical proficiency score will be selected as the potential Grand Prize Winner, subject to verification.
6) PRIZES: Prizes in the Contest will be awarded as follows. Limit one (1) prize per person.
- One (1) Grand Prize winner will choose one (1) Grand Prize from the following two (2) options:
- Option #1: One (1) 2012 Hyundai Veloster vehicle which has been customized with the Grand Prize winner’s Design; one (1) 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect; and $8,900 awarded to the winner in the form of a corporate check. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize Option #1 is $32,500.
- Option #2: One (1) 2012 Hyundai Veloster vehicle; one (1) 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect; and $8,900 awarded to the winner in the form of a corporate check. The ARV of the Grand Prize Option #2 is $26,500.
Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Certain conditions and restrictions apply.
Vehicle packages, including make and model, and interior and exterior colors to be selected solely by the Sponsor. The Grand Prize does NOT include as part of the prize vehicle options, taxes, license fees, or any other fees, title costs, registration, and insurance. Vehicle awarded in a state with CARB or other emission standards will comply with those standards. The Grand Prize winner must have a valid driver’s license, and satisfy applicable proof-of-insurance laws to take delivery of Prize, as well as take delivery at a location designated by the Sponsor. The Sponsor will not provide any additional verbal or written warranties other than the standard written warranty statement provided with the vehicle. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a vehicle for the Grand Prize of the same approximate retail value. Accessories and options may vary, interior/exterior color (subject to availability). Accessories are subject to change without notice. Sponsor reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring any obligations. Winner is not eligible for any cash back or rebate which may be available on the vehicle at time of delivery. Winner is solely responsible for all travel transportation costs for collecting prize, as well as any dealer prep, emissions inspection, gasoline, vehicle maintenance, and any other costs incurred in claiming, registering, or using the prize including without limitation, any costs incurred in bringing the vehicle from the delivery site to the winner’s home. Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form for the actual value of his/her prize.
All options and upgrades on vehicle are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner must pick up his/her vehicle at the location determined by Sponsor or its agents in their sole discretion.
- Four (4) Runner-Up Prizes: One (1) 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect. The ARV of each Runner-Up Prize is $300.
- Maximum Approximate Retail Value of all prizes combined: $33,700.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize is unavailable. Taxes on the prizes and all other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winners.
7) WINNERS: The winners will be notified and confirmed as follows:
- Grand Prize Winner: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone/mail to the phone number/address indicated on the potential Grand Prize winner’s Xbox LIVE account profile on or about December 21, 2011. The Grand Prize winner may be required to complete, sign, and return any other documents, including release forms, requested by Sponsor within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. If the potential Grand Prize Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. The Xbox 360 with Kinect and the corporate check portions of the Grand Prize will be shipped within eight (8) weeks following the drawing to the address associated with the Grand Prize winner’s Xbox LIVE account profile. The vehicle portion of the Grand Prize will be awarded at a location designated by the Sponsor. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to accept any prize within the specified time period may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. If notified potential winner is not eligible, forfeits prize, or declines prize, the Finalist with the next highest votes may be determined as the Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting.
- Runner-Up Prize Winners: The potential Runner-Up winners will be notified by phone/mail to the phone number/address indicated on the potential Runner-Up Prize winner’s Xbox LIVE account profile on or about December 21, 2011. The Runner-Up Prize will be shipped within eight (8) weeks following the drawing to the addresses associated with the Runner-Up Prize winners’ Xbox LIVE account profiles. The potential Runner-Up Winner may be required to complete, sign, and return all any other documents, including release forms, requested by Sponsor within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. If the potential Runner-Up Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. Return of any prize as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of prize. If notified winner is not eligible, forfeits prize, or declines prize, the Runner-Up Prize will not be awarded.
- Publicity Release: Each entrant further grants to Sponsor the right to use and publish his/her first and last proper names, state of residence and Xbox LIVE Gamertags, online and in print in any other media in connection with the Contest. Acceptance of status as Finalist and/or acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use Finalists’ and winners’ names and likenesses, address (city and state), photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest and/or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without additional notice of compensation unless prohibited by law.
ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. To be considered as a Finalist, and as a condition of participation, entrants hereby irrevocably assign and transfer all rights, title and interest in their entries, including but not limited to their copyrights, and all other proprietary rights, to the Sponsor. Entrants further agree to any additional written authorization, assignment, or other papers reasonably requested by the Sponsor in connection with the transfer and assignment of rights to their Submission, and any such papers will be required as a condition of being deemed a Finalist and of awarding the Grand Prize and Runner-Up Prizes. Sponsor obtains the right to use, edit, and publish in whole or in part any and all Submissions in any media whatsoever, and for any purpose (including without limitation for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes), without time or geographical restrictions, without providing any additional notice, compensation or consideration to the entrants.
ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Contest and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Contest, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided in the entrant’s Xbox LIVE account/e-mail entry by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of this Contest. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and entrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in the Contest and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor and the other Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded, or if the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event). The Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Contest without notice or further obligation in the event such Force Majeure event or any non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to select the winner(s) from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
INTERNET: Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified.. Microsoft and the other Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Microsoft and the other Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Microsoft on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Submissions made by Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES AND/OR their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers AND directors, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE CONTEST. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WINNERS LIST: The names and/or Xbox LIVE Gamertags of any prize winners will be posted online on or around February 14, 2012 at: xbox.com/winners and this list will remain posted for at least thirty (30) days. Additionally, for a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by February 21, 2012 to Xbox LIVE and THR “Secret Car” Design Contest Winners List, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.
SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.
ADMINISTRATOR: This Contest is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.
XBOX LIVE AND THR “SECRET CAR” DESIGN Contest
WEB SITE DISCLAIMER:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be a legal U.S. resident (inc. D.C.), 18+. Entries must be received between 2:01 p.m. PT on 11/8/11 and 11:59 p.m. PT on 11/27/11. Limit 3 Submissions/person. Void where prohibited. For complete details, including prize descriptions, see the Official Rules: www.Xbox.com/THRSecretCar. Sponsor: Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal U.S. residents, (inc. D.C.), 18+. Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 11/27/11. For Official Rules, visit www.Xbox.com/THRSecretCar.